Home Tips 2
Roofing Resource Center
First Quality Roofing is dedicated in educating Nevada residents on roofing and home improvement needs. Please come back to visit as we add new articles on a weekly basis. If you would like to join our newsletter, please sign up here.
- A Certified Las Vegas Roofing Contractor-Your Best Choice – The life expectancy of your Las Vegas roof depends on several factors; type of roofing, quality of material, and exposure to harsh weather elements among the top.
- Metal Roofing Myths Uncovered – So you still think that modern metal roof will sound like a machine gun rattle when it rains?Find out what stories about metal roofing are just pure myths, and which ones actually hold ground…
- Roofing Faq: Basic Roof Problems – What are some of the typical causes of roof problems? There are different types of roof problems, and it is best to be aware of them so you can avoid shortening the life span of the roof. Some typical roof problems are…
- Roof and Attic Ventilation – Roofs and attic spaces have two major enemies in all homes: heat build-up and moisture accumulation. Left unchecked these forces can cause a premature deterioration of the roof structure and materials as well as damaging insulation and increasing energy cost.
- Roofing Faq’s – loose seams and deteriorated flashings; excessive surface granules accumulating in the gutters or downspouts; and other visible signs of roof system problems. Indoors, look for cracked paint, discolored plasterboard and peeling wallpaper.
- Roofing Parts and Terminology – A low-slope (or flat-seeming) roof covered with alternating layers of roofing felt and hot-mapped asphalt and topped off with a layer of gravel.